The Bulgarian ethnic minority in Romania is concentrated mainly in the historical region of Banat in the western part of the country. In the town of Dudestii Vechi county Timis they form to this day the majority of the inhabitabts.
Acording to our records the game of football began to be played in our parts after the First World War and quickly became the preferred pastime of the young and old alike. An empy field was then alloted at the edge of the town for this purpose.
1927 is officially the year when the Football Club Pobeda was formed. Initially the game was played on Sundays after the liturgy at the local Catholic Church. Interested people would be heading towards "Payata" the unofficial name of the place to watch our boys meet some other team from the neighbouring towns and villages.
When the football leagues were organised in the country Pobeda participated in the beginning in the lowest so called "Promotion" league, the players being all amateurs. Over time as talented young people began to emerge, the team was promoted higher and it ended up playing until recently in the third league.
One of the great joys of the supporters in recent time was when the team's playing ground was named in honour of one of Bulgaria's greats - Hristo Stoichkov. On that occasion some renowned former footballers from Romania and Bulgaria played against each other with the help from the local legends.
Nowadays Pobeda has two teams playing in different leagues, and against all odds are striving to do better and to reclaim the glory of the past. The team's colours are blue and white and have the absolute loyalty of their fans in whatever situation they find themselves.